Tips 'N Tricks
Follow steps carefully carefully and in exact order.
If you wear moisturizers or oils then wash your skin first.
1. Read the full instructions, the diagrams on the right, and the advanced tips on the back before starting. Done? Ok now read on...
2. Peel the white backing off of the inkbox to reveal the adhesive. Don’t worry if there’s a bit of blue on the back. It won’t affect your tattoo.
3. Stick the inkbox to your skin, sticky side down, then peel the black or blue layer off. You can only stick it once, so make sure you get it right the first time. Don’t touch the exposed navy blue fabric layer with your fingers.
4. Put the glove on the hand you’ll be applying the tattoo with.
5. Tear the corner of the CLOTH bag open (leave cloth in bag) and place in the microwave for 12-15 seconds.
6. Open the WIPE packet and dab it on top of the navy blue fabric square in the middle of the inkbox. Be extremely careful to only dab the navy blue fabric and not the edges around it or your skin.
7. Take the cloth out of the bag then fold it over so that it’s a ~4x4” square.
8. Hold the cloth over top of the inkbox and press down as hard as possible with your palm for 30 seconds, making sure you cover the entire design. Then ease pressure and hold with firm pressure for 15 minutes.
Every few minutes change the position of your hand to press down very hard on a different area of the design. This ensures that you’re supplying even pressure to the entire design. Just make sure the cloth doesn’t slip.
DO NOT remove or adjust cloth. This may lead to leakage around the edges. Take short breaks if you get tired.
9. After 15 minutes, peel the inkbox off low and slow in the direction your hair grows. If some of the design is still stuck to your skin, peel it after step 10.
10. Wait 5 minutes to let the area dry and then very gently rinse your skin with soap and water.
Your tattoo will take 24-36 hours to develop.